Thursday, April 28, 2011

National Mom's Night Out?!?!


So, diving into my daily readings in the blogger world today I noticed a trend on a few of the mom's blogs today. A lot of them posting things like "Are you ready for this year's Mom's Nite Out?" or "Looking forward to National Mom's Nite Out!" These postings intrigued me. A night out where mom's unite and spend an evening for themselves? Wow! What a concept! I love it!

I want to just stop for a minute and let you know how important it is to have time for yourselves as a mommy. I know it can be very easy to get consumed in your role as mother and as wife and forget you have needs of your own. We are still individuals and you don't morph into this 24/7 all the time mommy super hero. To be better wives and mothers it is important to have these moments. (I am still learning this as well, my son is almost 14 months old and I have yet to have a girls night out, so I am saying this for you as well as me)

Anyway, back to the night out thing. It's on May 5th and basically the only requirements are to do something you want to do for yourself. (Have I mentioned I really like this idea?)

Here are some ideas on how you can spend your night out?

*Schedule a manicure, pedicure, facial or massage. Nothing is more relaxing than that.
*Do something you absolutely love without interruptions- read a book or magazine, finish that scrapbook you have been working on, watch an ENTIRE movie in one sitting(gasp! is that even possible?!?)
*Go shopping, alone or with friends.
*Dinner out with the girls or maybe even by yourself!

Even if you can't go out on May 5th try to find a night that fits your schedule and give yourself a night to relax. Sounds great doesn't it?

So what about you? Are you planning a girls night out next week? What are your plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment