Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Lunch Ideas When You're Out of Bread.

It was around Noon on a Tuesday. I went to make myself the usual sandwich and we were out of bread. Completely out. This is why this post was born. To give moms (including me) new ideas for lunch besides sandwiches. So this is what I came up with:


DIY Lunchables: Keep crackers, cheese and deli meat around the house so you can make yourself and your kiddos one of the most loved grocery store lunches!


Salads: There is a lot you can do with this. I know a lot of kiddos wouldn't eat a salad for their life so this is a great mom thing. I actually make a big salad with all my favorite veggies all cut up and ready to go and then whenever I need a quick lunch or snack I have a healthy option instead of the can of Pringles screaming for me in the pantry.


Tortilla or English Muffin Pizzas: These are so much better for the kids in replace of the frozen Bagel Bites in the freezer section. Just get a tortilla or english muffin, spread some pizza sauce on it, add some cheese and your favorite toppings and bake in the oven on 350 for about 15 minutes.


 Pasta Salad: This is a great lunch idea when you have a lot of veggies lying around that need to be eaten. Some pasta, lemon juice, mayo, veggies and salt and pepper should do the trick, but if you want to get fancy check out more ideas here.

What about you? What great ideas do you have for lunch when you're out of bread?

No comments:

Post a Comment