Saturday, April 16, 2011

Giving this Couch to 5K Program a Try...

UPDATE: So with life the way it is I am having to postpone this adventure until the fall. My family and I are getting ready to head back to the States for the summer and I don't think I will be able to do the program in it's entirety soooo come August get ready! I'm gonna be a running machine!!

 

So, I have decided to give the couch to 5k program a try. I used to run track in high school and I have always loved running, if it's fast and a short distance. The thought of running even a mile makes me what to jump of a bridge. (A little exaggeration there if you can't tell, but maybe it's closer to the truth than I would like to admit) But really and truly long distance running has never been a favorite but I have always wanted to say I have ran a 5k. So this program teaches you how to run a 5k in two months by gradually adding more running and less walking each week. I think this might actually work so I am giving it a try.

So that being said, who's with me? Does anyone else want to take the challenge? All it is is committing to running/walking 20-30 minutes a day three days a week. Each Sunday (Or Saturday for all of my Stateside readers) I will be posting the new challenge for the week. We can do this together!! Any takers? Anyone? (If you can't tell I'd like some help with this...haha) Just leave me a comment and let me know if you're gonna join me! Then each week leave a comment on that week's challenge that you did in fact complete it. I'm going to go ahead and post this weeks challenge:

Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

Let's do this!


No comments:

Post a Comment