Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Fried Rice? Yes, Please.

I LOVE fried rice.

I craved fried rice throughout my pregnancy and it has never left me since. But instead of spending TONS of money at Chinese restaurants I came up with this recipe. It has saved me money. And probably tons of MSG intake. Enjoy.

Fried Rice
Serves 4

1 Green Pepper
1 Red Pepper
1 Onion
1 Large Carrot
2 Eggs
1 lb Ground Chicken
Soy Sauce
Garlic Salt
Pepper
Pre-Cooked White Rice (Cooked the day before)

Cut all the veggies up and saute them in olive oil for about 5 minutes. Set aside. Scramble the eggs in a pan. Set aside. Season ground chicken with garlic salt and pepper and saute in olive oil until cooked. Set aside. Add olive oil to a pan and add cold rice and saute about 10 minutes. Add the eggs, veggies and chicken to rice and add soy sauce to your liking. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Eat and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Do you use a certain kind of rice? I know someone told me once that you're supposed to use a different kind than the plain ole' long grain white but I can't remember which one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Japanese sticky rice. I'm sure there are other kinds you can use too. I've used white rice as well. Not the absolute best, but still good.

    ReplyDelete